The M 13/40 medium tank entered into service with the Royal Italian Army in 1940, replacing the previous models which were judged to have inadequate armament and armour plates in comparision to the English models met in North Africa at the beginning of conflict. The M 13 was the first tank of Italian conception with a turret cannon with a 47 mm caliber gun. It was soon proven to be insufficient against the armour plates of the Allies. Even so, it was extensively used on all fronts until the armistice in 1943.
- dimensions - 77 x 29 mm
- number of details - 56 (include optional exterior details)